Monday, August 30

Progress

Hi Everyone,
  Sorry about my absence of late.  I know, I know... I promised I would write faithfully.  Somehow, life got in the way.  We went on a little holiday to the cottage and I just haven't been able to get back into the swing of things.  But now I'm back and boy, oh boy, you should see the changes.
  I'm going to catch you up with what has happened.  We have finalized the kitchen design.  It looks amazing and is in production right now.  The electrical, plumbing and HVAC stuff is complete - at least until the drywall is done and we can install finishes.  Everything is looking pretty good.  Our timelines are decent and we are really working our budget... squeeeeezing every last drop out.
  Last week drywalling began.  I think that creates the most dramatic change when it comes to a renovation.  Suddenly, we have rooms!  Especially since we opened up the walls on the main floor. Everything was just looking so crummy.  Dusty, dirty, messy and well, unfinished.


  This is the kitchen and main floor staircase.  Pretty gross, huh?


This is the closet and built-in area of the master bedroom.  Also, pretty nasty.  


Front porch, practically falling in.  Yuck. 
I'm heading over there to take some new shots of what it looks like with drywall.  I think you'll appreciate them much more.  And I promise... no more long absences.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment