Wednesday, June 16

Kitchen Dreaming

So the vibe we're going for in the kitchen is a creamy, pared-down urban farmhouse:


You feelin' it?


No???  Us either...  Here are a few inspirational photos from our files to give you an idea of what the finished product will look like.  




I love the use of the creamy cabinetry with the wooden table.



The creamy subway tile with the darker grout gives a vintage feel and I love the nickel pendant fixtures over the island.  


Open shelving is a must.  I like the pretty display of china and glassware. Of course, the butcher block counter-top and light marble counters are perfect.  

     Right now, I'm researching projects to use in the kitchen.  We are looking for a high end look on a budget.  Unfortunately, I always seem to be drawn to the more expensive items.  Here is a mood board I've created for the kitchen.  I used a photo from A Country Farmhouse in the board.  The open shelves are from their kitchen and are just the look I'm going for.


Hope you like it!  I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have.






4 comments:

  1. Love the tile with dark grout! I'm fascinated by this since I also have a very tiny kitchen and want to expand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Megan..this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your inspirational photos are very similar to the photos I've been collecting for our (someday) kitchen facelift - I love the creamy floor to ceiling cabinetry, especially with the retro pulls. I wonder too about counters - butcher block, marble - I'll be interested to see what budget friendly choice you make and where you find the best deals!!

    ReplyDelete